Urgent timeline on the threat from North Korea!
We invite you to take time-out to “Stand in the Gap” and pray for America!
Kerry scolds North Korea, shoots down reports of nuclear breakthrough
April 12, 2013–SEOUL — Secretary of State John F. Kerry strongly admonished North Korea on Friday for threatening to attack U.S. allies and interests, but also downplayed reports that Pyongyang has developed a nuclear weapon small enough to fit on the head of a ballistic missile. Read more…..
Lawmaker drops bombshell: North Korea may have nuclear missiles
April 11, 2013–Capitol Hill–An unclassified Pentagon report not yet released to the public suggests that North Korea can arm missiles with nuclear warheads, a lawmaker revealed Thursday. The results of a classified Defense Intelligence Agency report indicate that “North Korea now has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles.” That was the bombshell out of a House Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday. It came when Rep. Doug Lamborn (R) of Colorado began quoting from what he said was an unclassified version of the DIA report, which has not yet been made public. Rep. Lamborn read from the report toward the end of a defense budget hearing. “They say, ‘DIA assess with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles. However, the reliability will be low.’ General, would you agree with that assessment by DIA?” he asked. (Source: Christian Science Monitor, 04/11/2013) Read more……
Joel C. Rosenberg | April 12, 2013 | Middle East Expert comments on N. Korean situation…..
- Pyongyang either has or nearly has not just an operational nuclear warhead, but one that can be fitted on a ballistic missile;
- Therefore, because Iran and North Korea are working so closely together, it must be assumed that Iran is even closer to having deliverable nuclear missiles than previously believed;
- The U.S. intends to take no decisive action to stop Pyongyang from becoming a nuclear weapons power. Therefore, it can be assumed that the U.S. is not going to take decisive action to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear weapons power;
- The President made a serious mistake to cancel our test launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile – we need to pursue a policy of peace through strength, yet canceling a test like that is a sign of weakness, not strength;
- In the cases of both North Korea and Iran, the Obama administration talks tough, but carries a little stick — the U.S. merely intends to contain and deter these two countries from using nuclear weapons, not really prevent them from building them;
- Thus, Israel is on its own, and may need to move hard and fast to keep Iran from crossing the red line, after which Israel won’t have an effective military option. (Source: Joel C. Rosenberg’s Blog) Read more…..
Russia, China urge U.S. to stem ‘vicious cycle’ with N. Korea
March 29, 2013–Russia and China are calling for restraint on the Korean peninsula, where the North responded with midnight crisis meetings and more fist-shaking Friday to an overflight by U.S. nuclear-capable B-2 bombers. “The situation could simply get out of control, it is slipping toward the spiral of a vicious cycle,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said of the confrontation, according to Reuters news agency. Read more…..
North Korea EMP attack could destroy U.S. — NOW
Dec. 19, 2013–North Korea now has an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of delivering a nuclear weapon to the United States, as demonstrated by their successful launch and orbiting of a satellite on Dec. 12. (Source: Washington Times) Read more…..
Visit our Website: www.embassyforpeace.org