What is all the Turmoil in the World?
World Turmoil is an Opportunity to Pray for the Harvest Within the Nations
Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, “Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us.” (Psalm 2:1-3)
Jesus is Lord of all the nations and the present great harvest field appears to be in the Muslim world. In the Bible, we frequently see a pattern whereby troubles come upon Israel in order to draw her people closer to God. The Book of Hebrews encourages us that times of discipline and correction are a sign of God at work in those He loves (Hebrews 12:3-11).
Let us not forget that God has a wonderful plan and purpose for every single nation in the earth.
Paul said in Acts, chapter 17, that the Lord determines the times and borders of nations (and even their respective rulers) “in order that they might seek Him”.
And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring’ (vv. 26-29).
The Lord wants people from Egypt, Syria, Iraq and the entire Middle East in heaven with Him one day. God wants to bring His peace to the region and to the entire world. This needs to be our objective and prayer. Let us pray like never before for these countries:
- China was taken over by a radical Communist regime and yet today it is witnessing one of the greatest revivals in human history.
- Iran was taken over by apocalyptic Ayatollahs and yet it is currently experiencing the fastest rate of church growth in the world.
- Egyptian Coptic Christian, Father Zakaria Botros, sees multitudes of Muslims come to faith in Yeshua the Messiah through his 90-minute satellite TV program which is reaching over 50 million listeners every day in Muslim lands! The jihadists find him so dangerous that they have put a bounty on his head for $60 million and he has been exiled from Egypt.
Father Zakaria reports there are two and a half million converts to Christianity in Egypt, a similar number in Pakistan and five million in Sudan. He says in the last three decades, more Muslims have come to believe in salvation through Jesus Christ than in the last 14 centuries of Islam.
- Muslims coming to Christ by the 10,000s…… Bold evangelists believe by faith that Islam is collapsing.
Even in hard-core Islamic Arab nations God is on the move. Joel Rosenberg, prize winning author and founder of the Joseph Fund, reports that each year 10,000 Muslims are becoming Christians in Algeria, 35,000 a year in Morocco, 50,000 in Saudi Arabia. Some 6,000,000 a year in Africa are converting to Christianity! Syrian refugees scattered throughout Jordan are another harvest field – bringing them food, clothing and the Gospel.
- The God of Israel has plans and purposes of peace and reconciliation for the entire Mideast region:
Jeremiah 48:47, “Yet I will bring back the captives of Moab in the latter days,” says the Lord. Thus far is the judgment of Moab.” (Moab is Jordan)
Jeremiah 49:6; “But afterward I will bring back the captives of the people of Ammon,” says the Lord. (Ammon is northern Jordan) (vv. 38, 39), “I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy from there the king and the princes,’ says the Lord. ‘But it shall come to pass in the latter days: I will bring back the captives of Elam,’ says the Lord.” (Ancient Persia, modern-day Iran)
C0mpiled by: Ruth Schofield
Visit our Website: http://www.embassyforworldpeace.org